Sign in to follow this  
MetaBee

call of duty 4 Request For Cod4X For SnD

The 'Mod' Cod4X is Basically a mod that can be used to make normal SnD servers Feel as though its Promod.

The wonderful part about it, is that you can still use your own pre created custom classes, without having to create one every time, like in promod. As well as it will be more hardcore like the normal hardcore SnD servers we currently have. I find Promod to be softcore, witch in my opinion is controversial.

The concept  in mind is too make a normal SnD server have the fast paste action like in promod - with the fast running, high jumping.. an so on.

Of'course i have no idea on how to utilize the Cod4x mod. So was hoping @Kevin would be interested in making The Cod4x mod SnD server.

I don’t think that cod4x can be run at v1.0 which our servers on. It only works on v1.7-1.8 as i know. Correct me if I’m wrong

3 hours ago, MetalUpYerAss said:

I don’t think that cod4x can be run at v1.0 which our servers on. It only works on v1.7-1.8 as i know. Correct me if I’m wrong

It can be run on version 1.0 bro :P Just requires some source coding, witch i'm sure kevin may be able to manage

Russian federation server uses it. 

We use cod4x already tho, just not these kinds of settings, and we already have a promod server soo

:D

1 hour ago, eXe said:

We use cod4x already tho, just not these kinds of settings, and we already have a promod server soo

:D

True we do have promod, but that's why i'm bringing the cod4x up.. 

cause promod is awesome - except that it would be better if we could have our own classes already made.. like in normal SnD.. hence why i brought it up. Also Hardcore is better than softcore in my opinion :)

:D cause the cod4x can do this.

As I just said, we are already running cod4x on all of our servers so we can do this already, its just that we dont have the settings setup like that server you are talking about, and since we got promod  I dont feel like its needed, since they are so close.

2 hours ago, eXe said:

As I just said, we are already running cod4x on all of our servers so we can do this already, its just that we dont have the settings setup like that server you are talking about, and since we got promod  I dont feel like its needed, since they are so close.

Well that's your opinion, an i have my own.. 

So thanks for your thoughts, and information. An yes I do realize we dont' have the settings "durrr lol witch is why i'm requesting for it to be done.

In any case its just a suggestion, i thought that maybe it will help to bring the best of both Promod an normal SnD server, as it would be kind of a Hybrid server. As you know the SnD servers are split right now - dividing the players. Maybe this would help to bring an SnD for everyone. 

It probably wont work anyways.. Sadly Cod4 is dying. Just trying to find ways to save it a bit longer :D

Thanks again for your opinion.

"Edit" also i don't want Promod gone, i believe allot of players enjoy it - including you @eXe ;P 

Just think maybe one of the SnD servers could have it, as we have two excluding promod. I really don't think it would hurt to try it on one of the SnD servers. Again i realize we don't have the settings for this.. i'm hoping kev can do the settings :) 

I probably should have stated that i was not referring to the removal of promod or normal SnD, but rather just too try using cod4x on an existing SnD one or the other. My request is just a suggestion, an a discussion on it would be awesome, as this is my intention. 

Yaa Dats good for new Server

2 hours ago, MetaBee said:

but rather just too try using cod4x on an existing SnD one or the other

You are saying it like we dont have cod4x, but I am just saying that we do. We are running cod4x on SND servers, or any other server we are running. Its just about how we set it up. As cod4x isnt a mod, like you are saying here. cod4x is a "newer version of cod4"

And we actually got 1 snd and 1 podmod servers, and that would be enough servers. (3rd one is just a temp server) We are alraedy running alot of servers and running another snd server is not a good idea. As then the poeple on maybe SND or Promod will play there and make those servers more empty. I listen to all feedback, but we have already talked about adding another server, (sniper only etc) but since its getting lower and lower people there is no means in adding a servers which will either empty the ones we have or will saty empty most of the time. Which means we need to remove either one server we already have.

41 minutes ago, eXe said:

You are saying it like we dont have cod4x, but I am just saying that we do. We are running cod4x on SND servers, or any other server we are running. Its just about how we set it up. As cod4x isnt a mod, like you are saying here. cod4x is a "newer version of cod4"

And we actually got 1 snd and 1 podmod servers, and that would be enough servers. (3rd one is just a temp server) We are alraedy running alot of servers and running another snd server is not a good idea. As then the poeple on maybe SND or Promod will play there and make those servers more empty. I listen to all feedback, but we have already talked about adding another server, (sniper only etc) but since its getting lower and lower people there is no means in adding a servers which will either empty the ones we have or will saty empty most of the time. Which means we need to remove either one server we already have.

You getting technical, i now know we have cod4x already as you stated in the fourth post. When i say we should use it " I mean use it a bit more to its potential. 

I already said to make it a bit more like promod. Wether its a mod or not does not matter, btw i said mod cause when you search it.. some ppl call it a mod. None the less thank you for correcting me, now i know its a better version of cod4. Personally a hybrid server of a SnD and A Promod Server would be great. Yes i know we have got Cod4X already, witch is really great... so now that i know this, then all i'm requesting is for it to be used to create a server, where running is smoother an faster, jumping is just a little higher.. and to feel as though your in a promod, without actually being in a promod server. I mean, Look at the cons and Pros Of Promod.

"Just my personal preference"

*Promod*

Pros

Runs Smooth

Players Run Faster

Players Jump Higher

Snipes Are Better

In general promod is nice. Im not going to get to technical here.

Cons

Crosshair enabled

More softcore

Not able to choose pre created classes

Not able to choose custom perks

What i have in mind is to have a normal SnD, turn into a combo hybrid. Normal meaning the ones we currently have " with the cod4x not talking about server out of the box normal. Kevin did a great job with the Cod4x already" just i believe if we have a server with the pros of Promod, then it will be better.

Create a Hybrid server.

I get that allot of players would see those cons as pros, an vise a versa. Maybe you probably one of those exe. However i believe that a Hybrid server will be awesome.

As i have stated before, its worth a try.. maybe players will find a Hybrid server better than both promod and normal SnD. Again i know we have cod4x, what i'm saying is that it could be used to make the hybrid server. As currently its utilized only to a certain degree, and falls short of the Hybrid Server i'm talking about.

Also i get that cod4 is dying, and the players are getting less and less. An i would like to see it die as slowly as possible. So whatever it takes to keep the game going, im down for. Already we have lost allot of servers, witch is sad.. so in my opinion loosing more servers will only loose even more players, as you know allot of players are playing in MN, witch currently have allot of servers. I personally dont like MN servers, i find there SnD to be silly with the gimics lol... sooo yeah, i want to see DW do better. Aswell as see the first true proper hybrid server in Cod4 still, before it dies.. and nothing is left.

I appreciate your input @eXe just know that i truely believe and stand firm with my ideas, even if they do not work or don't get implemented. If they do work, then great.. and long live cod4 and DW :D