Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

19 posts in this topic

I've been playing the dw (dwarea) servers for quite awhile now and I like to play them all, but since changes were made to All Maps my game experience has totally changed.  I use to use the RPD.  That's out now.  I'm ten clicks off anyone else ... now it's too slow.  What I notice is the game now totally favors low ping and not all of us are in the single digits so I think the experience of the game doesn't make me want to go in there and play.  I just left there and had been in spec watching TRicky who has a 5 ping.   I think when I left he was something like 54/3.  Next guy on his team with an 11 ping was 40/8.  Then ... there's every body else.  I thought these guys might be hacking with walls or something else, but I can't really see anything.  And it's game after game after game that low ping rules.  You just can't compete against these low ping players ... they run the map like ghosts.  Nobody sees them.   And since that map has rewards for running up a string of shots ... it's the same low ping people blowing everybody up.  I always was in the top 5 playing all maps.  Now I barely can get out from the bottom.  So I don't know if the added features have something to do with it ... or if the game REALLY does favor the low ping .... all I know is my game experience has gone down hill and of course ... it's disappointing.  Is there anything that can be tweeked?  to level out the playing field?  Cause right now ... it's the same people ... all with low ping that ghost up the maps.

this is just an FYI of my opinion.  I like to see everyone enjoy the game ... but I've been turning to other servers where my weapons are actually doing something.  Right now it doesn't matter what I use ... it's not happening, low pings are shooting me right out of the box.   That's it.  I'd really like to hear from others and the admins ... owner of dw ... so that maybe I can understand why things have changed so drastically.

Thanks.

a Flying Brick

low ping guys do have an advantage 

@a Flying Brick Hello 

Thank you for bringing up with concerns with us :

Regarding the damage, the scripts implemented on the server has not changed the damage of the weapons in any, all it done was add some new Kilkstreaks and a visible +5 xp tag 

If I am not mistaken All Maps is Softcore meaning that players have 100 life whereas Hardcore is about 40....Maybe that accounts for the damage being 'reduced'

As for the ping unfortunately that is a facet of online gaming : The closer you are to the server, the better your pc and better your skills of the game are advantages over people who don't have the above mentioned. Hence we can't do anything about it and cod4 is almost  over 11 Years old people playing it since 07 have better skills than those who have played for only a couple years 

Hope this helped :)

ping is one issue but it can be overcame by just pure skill ! 

1. the player may have low ping <20 or so but its not possible that he is a true pro gamer may be he can be just spraying  you with bullets or grenade spamming.

2. many players I've  seen on top of the leader boards  have very high ping even upwards of 300 mS  in non -=DW=- servers and  above 80 mS in-=DW=- servers 

it all comes down to this SKILL and KNOWLEDGE (how to use a weapon ,perks ,explosives and even kill streaks )and just pure dumb luck!!

49 minutes ago, [eYe]WoLfY said:

I have 1 ping . Is that helpful?? :p

yes , it is 

u see  the lower the ping the more faster ur bullet travels after bieng fired 

i have bad ping thats y  the  bullet mostly doesnt hit the target even after bieng  aimed at the target 

Ping has nothing to do with how fast the bullets travel.

Ping can make the game more smooth to play no lag, which gives you an advantage.

Its all about how the server get the info sent from your PC

Lets say you got 200 ping, it means it takes 0.1 sec for the information to be sent, but for one with 40 ping it only takes 0.02s

Which means if starts shooting it takes the server 0.1sec to acctually register the shots casue the info needs to be sent from ur PC to the servers.
So if you guys starts shooting at the same time, the low pinger will win, cause his shots will register on the server first. Same applies to running around corners etc.

This guy will try and explain it, try and read and understand it, its good explained

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1fpgoa/do_players_with_higher_ping_have_an_advantage/cacrfkh/

thank you ALL for comments.  In reply to the "distance from the server"  ... I'm the same distance NOW that I WAS before changes were made.  So all I know is that BEFORE the changes ... I was fine.  AFTER changes ... down hill plunge.

11 hours ago, eXe said:

Ping has nothing to do with how fast the bullets travel.

Ping can make the game more smooth to play no lag, which gives you an advantage.

Its all about how the server get the info sent from your PC

Lets say you got 200 ping, it means it takes 0.1 sec for the information to be sent, but for one with 40 ping it only takes 0.02s

Which means if starts shooting it takes the server 0.1sec to acctually register the shots casue the info needs to be sent from ur PC to the servers.
So if you guys starts shooting at the same time, the low pinger will win, cause his shots will register on the server first. Same applies to running around corners etc.

This guy will try and explain it, try and read and understand it, its good explained

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1fpgoa/do_players_with_higher_ping_have_an_advantage/cacrfkh/

then what is the dilemma of low accuracy that sometimes when u aim at the target and the bullet from ur sniper doesnt hit it ??

its sooo annoying 

20 hours ago, [eYe]WoLfY said:

I have 1 ping . Is that helpful?? :p

That means u are "connection interrupted" :)

13 hours ago, a Flying Brick said:

thank you ALL for comments.  In reply to the "distance from the server"  ... I'm the same distance NOW that I WAS before changes were made.  So all I know is that BEFORE the changes ... I was fine.  AFTER changes ... down hill plunge.

bro this comes down to the connection route of your isp(internet service provider) uses. My isp use fiber optics communications and my modem is connected to my pc using wifi both these are fast so even though i am all the way across the earth  my ping is  below 100 .

So any thing slow in between you and the server can affect the communication speed . Or your isp is restricting you from using high speed internet  ( normaly max 0.5 to 1 Gbps connection speed for local home users ) and speed depend upon your current internet plan.

hope this helps bro take care.

2 hours ago, cute REAPER said:

That means u are "connection interrupted" :)

I know..

I was just teasing him -_-

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

bro this comes down to the connection route of your isp(internet service provider) uses. My isp use fiber optics communications and my modem is connected to my pc using wifi both these are fast so even though i am all the way across the earth  my ping is  below 100 .

So any thing slow in between you and the server can affect the communication speed . Or your isp is restricting you from using high speed internet  ( normaly max 0.5 to 1 Gbps connection speed for local home users ) and speed depend upon your current internet plan.

Thanks, Rebel.  I'm running on fiber optics on PC (not laptop).  BEFORE the change my ping was in the 80's and again .. everything was fine.  Now my ping is LOWER .. 38 and it's just awful in All Maps.   So just giving you that as another piece of the puzzle.  

bro did you changed your internet package some times when someone opt  for unlimited downloading their connection speed is reduced by the isp ,maybe change the connection go to a friend's house and check if you can play with good ping , just a suggestion :cool: lol take care 

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

bro did you changed your internet package some times when someone opt  for unlimited downloading their connection speed is reduced by the isp ,maybe change the connection go to a friend's house and check if you can play with good ping , just a suggestion :cool: lol take care 

No, Rebel .. IN FACT ... at the same speed I had before I was experiencing the same problem ... RECENTLY .. they had a promotion so I opted for higher speed .. almost double what I had ... no difference.

I'm convinced that whatever changes they made .. it tilted everything to the low ping (single digits especially) players.  I'm not the only one who is experiencing this.   We've had discussions in game between me and other players and they are saying the same thing.  Some I've bumped into at other servers and I asked .. you're not at All Maps (cause I know they like it) and the response was "it's unplayable for them".

Ok bro I don't know more than I currently know ,maybe the issue is with the server at this point I am not sure.

17 hours ago, Rebel said:

nice u r informative and a genius 

Ping is the most important thing besides a great cfg you can have the lower the better, nuf said, the end................

Btw I have 5 machines that run >>Multiple FPSs LAN anyone?