Sign in to follow this  
IrishThuG

what happened here?

5 posts in this topic

Hey fellas!! to start off,for some strange odd reason,its showing I have a duplicate key..how? I don't know..i cant figure out how this happened other than maybe someone thugged me and took it...every time I go to join a server it says that someone else is using that key...about 2 days ago when I jumped in a server,my stats were reset..so I went ahead and un-installed the game and re-installed it..I put the files in my E drive for I have 2tb there..for one its STILL showing I have a different key?..how in the hell could that happen? now..after the game was installed I can only see a 1.6 version,so I tried the Version changer to put it back to the 1.0 version,as I click on the button to locate the main files,it simply does not show the game directory on the E drive? the game runs but I cant locate it on the E drive,even when I go to Start and type in "call of duty",the directory opens but I cant highlight the appropriate file needed so I can switch back to the 1.0 version..Im stumped here?

Should the game not be in this place?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

That you should read 1.0 servers should change this file  "code_post_gfx_mp.ff  ",because they are different for 1.0 and 1.6

1 hour ago, IrishThuG said:

Hey fellas!! to start off,for some strange odd reason,its showing I have a duplicate key..how? I don't know..i cant figure out how this happened other than maybe someone thugged me and took it...every time I go to join a server it says that someone else is using that key...about 2 days ago when I jumped in a server,my stats were reset..so I went ahead and un-installed the game and re-installed it..I put the files in my E drive for I have 2tb there..for one its STILL showing I have a different key?..how in the hell could that happen? now..after the game was installed I can only see a 1.6 version,so I tried the Version changer to put it back to the 1.0 version,as I click on the button to locate the main files,it simply does not show the game directory on the E drive? the game runs but I cant locate it on the E drive,even when I go to Start and type in "call of duty",the directory opens but I cant highlight the appropriate file needed so I can switch back to the 1.0 version..Im stumped here?

see the your GUID in the db if the GUID is red than its cracked and you wont be able to join other servers except cracked servers

As I have meantiond in another post

The bug is,

You play ingame and then get CI aka 999

You join the server again and the "old you but with 999 or 1 ping which is CI" is still there so he takes ur  LEGIT key. So he got the  legit guid while urs is changed to 0000000000000000 and then ur last 8 character (from ur legit key but makes it cracked) which is not the legit key but a edited 1.  If you close cod4 and come back in and the old "you" are not there, it would change the guid to the regular "0ad000f00d" (example) and ur last 8 char

My guid when I connect after I CI and join game again when "still me" is still there

000000000000000abcabcabc -cracked no admin powers

While the CI guy who is still ingame

0ad000f00d0as0abcabcabc - Legit key with admin powers

its just the first number that has changed last 8 are still the same.

You can also see it here: Legit Me (look Guid last 8): http://dwarea.com/clientdetails.php?id=395

You can also see it here: Cracked me (look guid last 8) http://dwarea.com/clientdetails.php?id=23980

the last 8 are still the same but still one is cracked cause I connected as CI me was ingame and server changed the first numbers with 00000 only

Hope you understand

@piko The game place can be different for everyone, its just where you want to download it

@IrishThuG Have you tried and run verison changer as Administrator or tried reinstalling the version changer? If not try and reinstall game again and place it where you had it the first time